Monday, April 2, 2012

Nubar 2010

I'm not sure where I first saw Nubar 2010, but as soon as I saw it I knew I HAD to have it.  I added it to my wish list, and the next time I ordered from Amazon I added it to my cart.


I was so excited when it arrived!  The first time I wore it, I put it on over a deepish red - Sally Hansen No Chip 10  Day Color in Endless Claret.  I was slightly disappointed by my choice at first because the Nubar didn't stand out as much as I'd hoped.  But when I went out in the sunlight the next day, it popped!


Love!


The second time I wore it I did a little Google search to look for ideas, and saw it over some blues and purples.  I decided to go with a really dark shimmery purple - OPI Russian Navy.


It really stood out!  I even got a shot of the range of colors - the flakes really morph between red, yellow, and green.


I recently wore it on it's own, which can also be cool for a bit of quick sparkle if you don't feel like doing a whole manicure.



I love the look of flaky holos, and I am totally coveting the Finger Paints Special Effects Collection that came out in Winter of last year.  

1 comment:

  1. Flakies are the best! I've recently started wearing them over lighter colours-- looks awesome with China Glaze For Audrey!

    ReplyDelete