Thursday, February 23, 2012

Water Marble!

I started seeing water marble posts on Pinterest a few months ago, and from the first time I saw it, I KNEW it was something I wanted to try. This week, I finally got around to trying it for the first time!


It turned out amazing! I had to revise my color choices a bit because some polishes work better than others (if you do a Google search you'll find different people's opinions of which work best). I had just bought Zoya Megan, a sort of purply light grey, so I used that as my base.


It took a few minutes of experimenting to figure out how to drop the polish into the water and how to use the toothpicks to create designs. Once I figure it out though, it only took maybe 30 minutes to do all my nails. Not bad at all! My designs are not as uniform as a lot of the water marbles I see, but I think I like it this way, a bit organic.

As you can see, I also finally got a bottle of Seche Vite - for some reason I hadn't checked at Sally Beauty Supply or Ed Wyse. I went to Ed Wyse for the first time and they have about a billion colors of OPI and Zoya, so I'll definitely be going back there! It is amazing, it dries and sets the polish so quickly!

Here's a crappy cell photo of how the designs turned out my right hand.


If you're interested in water marbling, I would highly recommend the following sources for tips.  I would not have been able to do this without seeing photo tutorials and video of how it's done.

Water Marble Picture Tutorial at Chloe's Nails (LOVE this blog!)
Water Marble Tutorial at Hey, Nice Nails!
Valentine's Day Water Marble by SimpleLittlePleasures on YouTube

The colors I used for this manicure were:
Zoya Megan (base)
China Glaze Swing Baby
Sinful Colors Bare
Essie Sew Psyched
OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know

No comments:

Post a Comment