Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I was ready for a change today and I definitely wanted something green for St. Patrick's Day this weekend and for my St. Patrick's Day themed Bunco night.  I just got some new craft scissors that I've been wanting to try out with tape, so I picked out some greens and went to work!

First, here are some swatches of the first color I applied.  This is a brand new one that I picked up at Ulta last Sunday called Limelight.  It's not quite 100% opaque after 2 coats, but I left it because I was going to be covering part of it.  It's a really pretty, springy green.



Next I got out my tape and scissors and put some stripes on with Sinful Colors Show Me the Way and then Sally Girl 812098 on the tips.  I don't know if the Sally Girl ones have a name other than that number, it bugs me when polishes don't have a name.  By the way, if you like doing tape manis and you don't own a bottle of Seche Vite, go get one right now!  It is awesome in general, but in terms of drying each layer before putting on the next, it cuts down the time you need to wait to put tape on by a lot.








Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment